These organizations provide Pet Food Pantries in the hopes of making sure that people needing assistance can keep their pets. They will also be very grateful for any donations that can be made to maintain this endeavor.
THE CHOW PANTRY, INC based in Brownsburg, IN
In a variety of locations connected with other Food Pantries. For a list of Saturday times and locations go to https://www.chowpantry.org click on distribution
ERNIE’S HEART PET FOOD PANTRY (MADISON COUNTY)
423 E 8th St., Anderson, IN 46102 (765)425-5407 http://www.facebook.com/ErniesHeart
3rd Saturday of every month from 10 am to 2 pm
FRIENDS OF INDIANAPOLIS DOGS OUTSIDE (FIDO) (MARION COUNTY)
1505 N. Sherman Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46201 (317)221-1314 http://www.fidoindy.org
- Provides limited amount of dog and cat food for pet owners in need.
- Hours: 1st Saturday of each month from 10 am to 4 pm EST
- Eligibility requirements: photo ID, proof of Marion County residence, proof of pet being spayed or neutered or having made arrangements to have them spayed or neutered, and proof of financial need.
- Fees: $1.00 per visit in cash
- On site parking and close access to public transportation.
GOOD SAMARITAN NETWORK (GSN) (HAMILTON COUNTY)
12933 Parkside Drive, Fishers, IN 46038 (317)842-2603 ext. 200
http://www.gsnlive.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HENDRICKS COUNTY FRIENDS OF THE SHELTER
250 East Campus Boulevard, Hendricks County Animal Shelter, Danville, IN 46122
(317)410-9167 (Pantry Intake)
- Provides pet food and cat litter for Hendricks County dog and cat owners in need. Assistance is available for three months to one year, depending on individual assessment.
- Hours are variable: Voice mail is available from 8AM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time
- You must live in Hendricks County and pets must be in compliance with rabies vaccines, tags, and proof of spay/neuter (or willing to work to meet these requirements.)
- Call the Pantry Intake Coordinator at (317)410-9167 to schedule an appointment.
- Eligibility requirements: proof of spay neuter and current rabies vaccination. (May be waived initially; will work with clients to secure these.)
- No fees. Wheelchair accessible. Onsite parking.
HUMANE SOCIETY OF JOHNSON COUNTY
3827 Graham Road, Franklin, IN 46131 (317)535-6626 http://www.hsjc.org email: email@example.com
- Pantry hours: 1st Monday of the month from 11 am to 1 pm EST
- Dog and cat food for pet owners in need. Litter, treats, and other supplies are sometimes available.
- Eligibility requirements: proof of Johnson County residence, be low income or have a financial need, and proof that the pet is spayed or neutered.
- Limited access. Gravel parking lot.
INDIANAPOLIS PET FOOD PANTRY Operated by FIDO www.fidoindy.org
456 Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222. (317)221-1314
The pantry is open for dog/cat owners and colony caretakers every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month from Noon – 4:00 pm. Animals must be spayed or neutered.